Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wandering Minds...New Ideas?

The invitations are taking a little longer to put together. I guess, because there's so many detailed steps:
- print the invitations
- cut the invitations
- round the corners of the invitations, decorative paper and back layer
- print the note card
- cut the note card
- cut the note card back layer
- round the corners of the note and the back layer
- glue the decorative paper to the back layer
- glue the invitation
- glue the note card to its back layer
- print the address labels
- attach to the envelopes
- punch the belly band attachment
- take the band photo
- print the belly band photo
- cut the photo
- cut the ribbon
- create the belly band

Some things that I didn't cross out are half done, but the majority... isn't. I'm home from work today because I had some minor surgery, and had planned to do some of the work, however, I underestimated how much roller adhesive I needed. I bought 1 with 4 refills, and used it all on attaching the decorative paper to the back layer. I did do about 15 complete invitations - attaching the invitation to the decorative and back layer, but I do not have enough roller to do any more. So we will have to wait until Sunday, when I can go visit Michael's, again.


Anyways, without much to do or anyone to discuss the wedding with, I found a website called Best Wedding Destination and have been looking at the forum for DIY ideas, and reading some other people's threads. One of the threads I found talked about centre pieces, and although I had some ideas on what I wanted to do, I'm thinking of something else now.

This is what I was thinking at first:


A mix of white and green flowers, likely something native to the Philippines like the Sampaguita and Dama de Noche.

With the flowers, some interesting wood pieces and candles, to highlight the browns and native crafts.

And this is what I am thinking of adding this large palm center piece:



Or maybe...I can do some tables the large tall centre piece, while others with short? So I guess, because I'm in a place where I can't do much, than my mind is wandering and thinking of some new ideas. Wonder what R will thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment