Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ding! Another Idea.

Yesterday, we registered at The Bay. We figured, that maybe some people who couldn't come to our wedding may still want to give us a gift instead. It was a little bit grueling because the "Consultant" asked questions like...how many people are coming to your wedding? (um, 50? I wish) How many to your shower? (I'm not planning a shower, so I lied) Do you think you will want stainless steel or black appliances? (Seriously?) Anyways, 30 minutes in, both Isabela and Rodney were dead and ready to go. Rodney said, "Camille, this is like shopping. And you know how I feel about shopping."

So the best thing, is that they gave me a couple Wedding mags for free. I kind of have a lot already, but I like going through ideas and looking at pictures for inspiration. And what do you know, back at home while sitting on the couch looking through magazines, I had a eureka moment for our giveaways.

Since our wedding is close to Christmas, we thought about giving our guests a tiny parol as an ornament! A Parol is a star lantern that is adorned during the Christmas holiday. It is found only in the Philippines, so a truly Filipino tradition, which fits perfectly with our Filipinana theme. Usually wedding favours are tiny things people eat (I've gotten chocolates, and even tea bags), or some other "gift" (I've seen paper fans, rock magnets, and miniture angels). Sometimes the gifts are bordering useless, but with this as an ornament, this can be kept year after year, and our wedding will be reminded every holiday season. Great right? Now, just to talk this over with the WC (Wedding Coordinator) and find some in the Phils. Best case scenario would be ones with a nice pearly sheen made out of a shell. Man, I love it.


And isn't it just us, to have a STAR?!

No comments:

Post a Comment