Friday, April 1, 2011

Blogging is Destressing?

I'm assuming that its normal for brides to feel stressed and I read recently that blogging is a destressing activity. So I am blogging just to help maybe alleviate some stress.

Thanks to my wedding countdown, I know that there is 7 months until the wedding, so it feels as if it is fast approaching. As a mother, I've come to realize that 7 months zoom by, so because of that, I'm freaking out a little. I'm feeling a little alone in the planning process right now. My mom had confirmed, on behalf of both my parents, that they do not have any intention of coming to the wedding because it is in the Philippines. Obviously, because of that, I am not going to be asking for her help or to bounce ideas.

R has been very nonchalant about the planning - willing to answer yes or no questions, not demanding much but willing to help if I ask. But that means I have to ask for every little thing.

Plus, the whole invitation process was stressful to be honest. I went back and forth with trying to figure out who can help us do it, and then trying to figure out a design, and in the end, I ended up doing it myself (which I actually really enjoyed) but it cost 5x more than I thought it would. And I made so many mistakes ...ugh.

Lastly, there has been very little communication with my coordinator in the last few weeks. About a month ago, for about two weeks, she mentioned that she was having internet problems and unable to reply back to me. When I did get a flood of response from my emails, I responded back to her with a few things, and have not heard from her for about two weeks now. My last email was a request to get an update, so we can figure out everything left to do and when we can tackle them. I know she's ok, because her Facebook is being updated with the weddings she's been working on. So that may be an indication that she's just be really busy. But I'm wondering, when she won't be busy and I can't really move forward without her help.

The best thing I can do, and what I have been doing, is focusing on completing the items I can do alone/from here. The invitations, the wedding website, and soon getting out passports updated. We're also going to go set up our registry at The Bay tomorrow. But after that, I'm at a loss of what I can do, except freak out daydream about the elements of the wedding day.

So writing this out, hasn't made me feel any better. In about an hour, I'm going to pound it out in the gym, as a plan B to stress relief. Now I remember, why I used to smoke so much.

Update:
Gym helped. Which is kind of scary.
Coordinator emailed that something did happen to her that is legitimate, and I feel shitty for being worried about her.
R is cutting paper again beside me. I think I'm going to ask him to punch the corners round too.
I am feeling a little better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment