Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Operation Hot Body

What the hell am I talking about, I know exactly what I gotta do next! Get in shape!

For years now, I've been going to the gym and trying to get to a body image I like. The only time I really wasn't working out and not watching my weight, was when I was pregnant and in hindsight, really wish I had been one of those fit prego ladies. So now that there is a wedding looming, it's back to Operation Hot Body version 2011.

The Goal: Lose at least 10 lbs and 10 inches all around

The Plan:
  1. Count Calories : Reduce my calorie intake to 1200 calories a day (to lose a pound a week) !.... or at most 1430 (to lose 1/2 a pound a week).
  2. Drink hella water : I counted and I drank 2 L today, and according to Wikipedia, the U.S. standard is 2.7L for women. However, my cleanse book said we should be drinking 1L for every 30 lbs, so I'm looking at 4.5L!
  3. Workout : So this is where I have a little problem right now. One, I am exhausted when I come home from work and two, utter exhausted. In warmer weather, I can run outside, but right now I am at a loss at what to do. Last winter I had a gym membership and was going on my lunch and doing 30 minutes at least 2-3 times a week. I think as the month goes on, and if I'm really not adding enough at home or on the weekends, I think I'm going to have to get a month-to-month gym membership.
  4. Yoga: There is this one class I absolutely love on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:50 - 10:00pm. Yes, its a little late, but it is worth it to be flexible, meditated and leaner. My goal is to go to this class at least every other week until March, and then go every week.
So the weight goal I think is achievable more so than I think losing inches. Actually, now that I think of it, I haven't even measured myself in forever. I am really going to have to pump up number 3 and 4 to get that going. My goal is to make some good progress by June 2011. That way if I sent measurements for my dress in June it will be realistic to how I will look in November.

I have excellent support so I think I can do it. Luckily, Rodney is very supportive. Actually he has his own Operation going on. He started doing P90x and was looking at body suits so that he can jog in the winter time (which I think is crazy). Plus, my besties Camaro and Karleen are also very supportive and have signed up for MyFitnessPal with me. It's the app I'm using on my iPod to count my calories. It's a great tool that you can use offline too and it has been really helpful for me to log my calories. I'm still waiting to see if the girls will use it too. Finally, my work buddies are pretty body conscious also so I'm not going to big out with them. They are also generally pretty interested in health related stuff, and we used to go to the gym and yoga and lunch with them too.

So far after a week and a half of Operation Hot Body, I've lost 3lbs. An awesome start so far, but I don't have such easy access to the gym anymore. I guess we'll see how I go, and worst comes to worst, I can also try and cast for Bulging Brides! I just want to make sure that I keep in mind that I'm doing this for me and my health, and not because Filipinos are generally skinny and I will feel huge when I go to the Philippines. I have to try and not compare and also, prepare myself so that I don't have a freak out when I can't buy clothes or find clothing is in XL that fit me. I don't know if repeating it over and over again will be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment