Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to Life

You know that Soul II Soul song, Back To Life (However You Want Me)? Coming back from the holiday daze made me think of that song. Back to work, back to reality. But the song is really about making a commitment, a positive change, "back to life, back to the day we have". Anyways, its the perfect getting back to the wedding plans song!

Haven't touched based with the coordinator yet but the next thing on the agenda is to send money for down payments. I don't think I reported but I have penciled in a photographer. I had been going back and forth between Rock, Paper, Scissors and Mark Cantalejo. I had been set with RPS because of their vintage looking style and really arty photographs. I thought the vintage look would fit in with our "theme" of Filipinana. But after starring at their portfolio over and over again, I wasn't sure if it felt like us. According to Tisha, Mark Cantalejo had been a fashion magazine photographer in Dubai before coming back home. He is incredibly talented, with a very diverse range and looks, including some vintage looks that could fit with our theme. He has a very romantic look (so I'm going to have make sure the cheese is turned down with us), but also in one of his posts, he talked about a sort of nervous, shy couple. The "shy" couple's shoot turned out beautifully, so I feel he could work with amateurs like us! We recently had our photo taken by a friend for our Christmas cards, and we are not the best with posing and coming up with cool shots on our own. So if someone can bring that out with us, thats talent.

We are penciled in with Mark for our wedding! Actually, as I write this, I just remembered to talk to Tisha about maybe doing an pre-nup shoot as well, because we'd have to book that.

An interesting thing, I talked to Tisha about is how wedding photographers deliver post wedding. I don't know if it came about talking with Melissa, or someone else, but we talked about how in Canada the photographers supply proofs with their watermark so that you can only get prints from them. Obviously, that won't work for us since we're out of Cebu immediately after. Luckily, Tisha told me its not something that happens in Cebu, and she's going to work on making sure we have stuff with us when we leave!

Next thing on the agenda is the videographer. Again, before getting Tisha's supplier list, I already had Digital Minds on the top of my list. Cough, I mean, our list. I had googled Cebu Wedding Videographers, and not alot came up. I did look at videographers based in Manila and danced with the idea of flying one in and shacking them up, but the expense isn't really worth it. I liked DM's on-site videos because of its honesty of the event and of the couple. They were also upbeat and it really brings that sense of joy, rather than that cheesy love feeling you would get when a love ballad is playing. We wouldn't want a video that has us acting anything for the sake of an arty piece either. We want to remember our emotions, and how we looked, and how we cried. For sure I'm going to cry. Just the thought of love stuff brings tears to my eyes. Seriously, I got teary watching some Digital Minds videos.

I think the only major downside from the videographer is that they don't have a Blue Ray option. In all honesty, from my google search of videographers that do have that option, it's way too much. It's literally thousands of dollars more. So I think we will be ok with our DVD. It will last our lifetime at least.

I can't wait to get a "MTV" for our wedding. From the different Philippine videographer's I looked at, they all do a short trailer of your wedding in a "MTV". It's like a music video, with your wedding as the video! For sure, I'll want to pick our song and also minimize the amount of shots of pre-nup items, like our shoes and perfume. Those mostly come up in videos that are made on-site for the wedding reception. Regardless, that's basically my two requirements.

Ok. So... whats next?

No comments:

Post a Comment