Monday, July 11, 2011

The Updateless Update

Can it be? I haven't updated it a month. Well, to be fair, the last month has been so insane. I can't even describe how over exerted I was that my own wedding was on the back burner. Isn't that wrong? I was so busy (and on the verge of a breakdown), that I had to bow out of a 50th Birthday Party I was helping plan. I hate letting go of responsibility! There's also been a lot of family drama - some related to the wedding, some with my rapidly deteriorating grandmother - that hasn't quite let up, that’s also like a heavy weight on my shoulders.

The only real update is that R actually went out and got a book for our wedding book. More like, he found a vintage book and decide to bring it home, and it meets the minimum requirements. I may actually start to put it together this weekend, but I kinda was hoping for a more decorative book. The cover is all black and has gold writing, but that's going to be covered with gold anyways. I don't want to diminish his effort and initiative to find a book, but I think we can do a little better.

I also got a final sketch from my dress designer of the dress. It also is within my budget, so happy me! I'm excited to get more info on it.

Other than that, so little has happened on the wedding planning front. July has been dubbed Get Back On Track Month, so hopefully I'll have the strength to re-evaluate and re-focus. I gotta get back on the diet and working out (I gained 5lbs!), and focus on getting the wedding plans in order.

Some Attestations:
I'm going to try and not stress about the looming wedding financials.
I am going to talk through all ideas with R.
I am going to get R to check off the things on his list that is impeding my list.
I am not going to let any mean comments about me, R or the wedding stop me from being happy.
I am going to be more happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment