Friday, July 15, 2011

Celebrity Makeup

I want to be prepared when I land in the Philippines and go meet my suppliers and do some trials. Hair is always on a bride's mind at the forefront, but makeup should also be kept in mind. Bridal makeup, is also a whole different animal because there is a daytime element, as well as the night time. So unless I can pull off two different looks (a look for the ceremony, and then a look for the reception - but what would that mean for the pictures in between?), I am going to find looks that I like, that I think will suit me, for both times of day.

The obvious thing to do, would be to look at the makeup on bridal magazines. The next, I wanted to find looks on individuals and celebrities that have the same/similar skin tone and structure. Filipino, doesn't quite into the Asian, as much as people want to believe, so I looked at specifically Filipino women.

My favourite Pinay celebrity, that I love because of her happy personality, and more natural looks (as opposed to the various plastic surgery celebrity pinays - and I don't count her early modeling days with all the coloured contacts, bleh) is Marian Rivera. Here are some looks of her, make-up wise, that I will be showing my makeup artist.

I chose these because of the emphasis on the eyes, especially the upper lids and lashes, that brightens the eyes. Most of these have a more muted lip, but there's one picture with a more pronounced lip that could do the trick for the reception. Note: it was hard finding pics of her make-up'ed, just because she rocks the neutral and natural all the time. But that's also because she gorgeous.



How can you not adore her?


Next is to scan top suppliers of Philippine weddings, including celebrities, to source other looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment