Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Wedding Planner

In my last post I mentioned I had emailed potential coordinators and was awaiting a response. I had emailed on a Thursday, so I was allowing most coordinators to get back to me by Monday morning EST (or Monday night in the Philippines) to get back to me. That's pretty reasonable.

I got this list from Regina, and did some initial googling to narrow my list down too. Looking at photographer's sites and catching the coordinators name was pretty helpful at getting a feel of an planner's style. It was also important for me to email the coordinators to get an idea of response time. I also was sneaky and put my personal email (I emailed from work) in the cc, to see who would reply all, and would notice.

Coming into work Monday morning, I was anxious to see what responses I would get. To my surprise, only one planner email was awaiting me on Monday. It was from Tisha of Bliss Unlimited, my first choice. It was a good intro email that was detailed, and her quote documents attached and she did click the reply all! I was excited to hear back from her and replied to her email right away, and my next response from her was Tuesday at 10am (10pm in the Philippines!). By Tuesday, I did get another email from another planner, but it was sort of unprofessional and not inviting, with no quotes or details. Tisha also mentioned that she had abroad clients before and has a Skype strategy. And like I mentioned before, I was hoping Tisha would pass my test because I had already read her blog and felt as if I knew her. 

Anyways, I passed the contract to Rodney to review. I can't make big decisions without him, what kinda precedence would that set in our relationship! But, I doubt he's going to have a problem with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment