Friday, November 26, 2010

More Venue Debates!

I finally signed the contract today and sent it over to Tisha! Eek.
Now to figure out how I'm going to get the downpayment to her... but that's a whole other post on international wire transfers, remitting, etc. Now that I think about it, I should probably get on that, because Balikbayan brides are going to have to figure that out!

So Tisha, gave me a few ideas off the top of her head to add to the venue debate.

First is Abaca resort, which is actually also beside BE Resort that I had blogged about before. I had checked out the website of this resort before and sort of ruled it out because there was no beach, at least from the pics, and if a resort is not promoting their beach, what are they promoting? Well this one is also promoting its style and sheer architectural beauty. I also had ruled it out because it was expensive, so I thought out of my range. Tisha said they do have a great restaurant space, that for an intimate reception would be all ours. So I put it back on the radar for the reception at the very least.

She also suggested one of the private islands that are part of Maribago. I did mention that Maribago was an option I had thought of, but she brought up the option of this private island. I loved the idea, except that she mentioned we'd have to take a raft to get to it, and if its in low tide, you have just walk across the water because its too low for a boat to go across. Um. Kinda wack for everyone.  So I'm not really considering that.

Maybe I'm not as good at communicating what we're looking for as I thought, so I just left Tisha know that we want some where with a beach for a ceremony, and good FILIPINO food for the reception. I also mentioned that maybe she has to propose places that are ok with us getting catering, if we decide to not go with their menu. That might not work out with all locations.

Balikbayan Wedding Tip#1:
Clarify everything that you want in a venue. What is a deal breaker, what is flexible? You have to think of these details through! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment