Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Freak outs and accommodation basics.

It's been a month since my last post, and longer than that on anything really to do with planning the wedding. My WP was MIA for a good minute, and then I became enthralled in planning for my I's 3rd birthday. I guess that is the major downside with planning a wedding from abroad, you can only go do as much as your coordinator will let you. I can only think of ideas, come up with concepts, and outlines, but in the end, I need her for the nitty gritty. So when there's a little gap, you gotta just wait it out. Which has caused me some anxiety, and every time I come to this blog or my wedding website, I feel like I should delete the counters. 6 months and 1 day to go?!.. 185 days until my wedding? DEAR GAWD! ... because then I start thinking, I have even less time because I actually leave for the Philippines 15 days before my wedding! AHHHHH! (insert image of breakdown here). So I'm trying to not be stressed out, but I think when I'm chatting with my coordinator its coming off as cold. Well, I feel cold, when I re-read our convos so I can make a summary. (Yes, I do that. Can you imagine what I was like in University? O.C.D.!)

So the major hurdle at the moment is accommodation. Let me tell you, I'm ecstatic that this is a concern, because this means, I have people that are COMING to the wedding. Seriously! Two of my girls from uni are coming and let me tell you, I was trying to be calm when in reality, I am jumping for joy! My aunt and uncle from California, ALSO coming!.. (and they also made sure to tell my parents to their face they were coming, and threw in, itstheirweddingnotyours). Love it!

Anyways, I looked up vacation rentals, as well as different rates for places, but of course I needed to talk to my WP. She gave me a quote from the BE that is alot more than what I've seen, so she's going to go back and get that lower, if possible. She also mentioned something called Pension Houses. I have never heard of this term in my life! When I looked around at some research, it looks like its just another hotel without any frills. Some stoop to the sleeze of what we know as a Motel, but some don't really.Of course, this got me thinking into class. Maybe they created these Pension Houses to clearly draw class lines. Is this where the middle class stay?

So I have a few that I thought looked nice, that I will get her opinion on. Actually, my homie's girlfriend is in Cebu, so maybe I'll ask her opinion as well. I haven't met her yet, but she's there so I feel like I don't want to overwhelm her with questions. But I desperately need the help of locals.

I'm feeling more like bride self, so hopefully, I'll have more to blog about. Will definitely have more to report on accommodation as I narrow some options. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment