Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Wedding Journey part 1

I am not a blogger. I obviously didn't take the time to update like a good blogger would. Anyways, I am going to attempt to write about the experience to make it up.

The week before we left for the Philippines, I really should have done more prep that needed to be done here. I sort of convinced myself that there wasn't much to do, other than be ready with the money stuff, but in reality, I had to leave early from work to finish packing! I had to make sure all wedding related items were packed, including receipts and contracts. I majorly dropped the ball on the tags for the giveaways and welcome bags that we were printing them on our home printer a few hours before leaving. The printer over heated from the task and we couldn't finish because we wasted so many templates from the printer. I had to ask Camaro to buy a box and do as to print in the Philippines which we couldn't even do. In the end we had to get the printer to do it, but not a tag shape and they did it too large that it looked pixelated. One of the few things at the wedding that didn't turn out as planned.

So tip number one: if traveling be prepared at least a few days in advance with the wedding items to do and pack!

We arrived in Cebu on a Saturday Nov 5, exactly 2 weeks before the wedding. We decided to take the afternoon to relax and met with my coordinator and her husband for dinner around 7.

When we met with her, my daughter immediately let her carry her. Yes, my little one is friendly but also a good judge of character. In the end, she was right and my coordinator was amazing! You really felt like you were with a girlfriend and she seemed so relax about everything that you couldn't possibly freak out.

The next day was an appointment free day, so went to the mall to get groceries and items to put into the welcome bags for the abroad guests. I got everyone one of these tshirts, which they loved!
My girlfriends wearing the shirt in their welcome bags on our day trip to Bohol.


I luckily, tried on a shirt first and then used my size as a reference to pick out everyone's sizes AND I got it right! I also bought at the grocery store peanuts, instant coffee, crackers, cookies, noodle soup on a cup and a can of calamansi juice to include in the bags. Where we and some of the guest stayed was a free water cooler that also dispensed hot water, which made using the coffee and cup a noodles a breeze.

The next day was Eid, an Islamic holiday but it appeared only for people on school and government. Everything else was open so we had an appointment to fit my dress, measure and discuss Rodney's barong, and meet with the photographer.

When I tried on my dress I was in love so sort of in a daze! I was able to discuss correcting the fit for the chest but took it off before really thinking about any tweeks. Tisha spoke to the designer's assistants about deepening the neckline. It was exactly what I was thinking but too in love to say! One of the many times Tisha knew me and what I wanted, that she backed me up!
Isabela and I, at our first fitting. 

R had himself measured and discussed his couture with the designer. He also decided then that he wanted Swarvoski crystals as buttons which I rolled my eyes at, but damn my hubby looked hot in his barong on the wedding day!


Us, with the designer, Bernardo Flores.

Finally, we visited Ayala, one of the bigger malls in Cebu. Prior to arriving, I had read that it was sort of an upper class mall and I thought I would hate it but in all honesty, I got used to it and was there every other day. Anyways we met our photographer for the first time. again, I wasnt really prepared so he showed me some same day edits hes done and asked is about our camera comfort level and that's about it. Looking back now, I really regret not booking an engagement shoot. At the time, I was concerned about the budget but in the end it would have been worth it and the cost minimal.

Phew, what a post.. And that's only after the first couple days in Cebu!

No comments:

Post a Comment