Saturday, October 1, 2011

DIY - Check and Check!

I've been busy preparing for the wedding. As of today, we fly to the Philippines in 33 days. One of the things I am particularly proud of completing is the Ring Book and the Locket for the bouquet.

First the Ring Book. You may remember from this post, when I first picked up the book. Rather than being a single effort, the book became a team effort, and my two girls C & K put work into it. 

Here is the book closed. I taped up the sides since I painted the title on the spine over in gold. Despite, sensitive wall paint tape, even when I pulled it off, it took some of the cover off. I don't mind so much, I think it adds to the vintage look and feel.


I glued all the pages together so that it can only open to this page. C cut out the square for me, while K cut the felt piece and the ribbon. I did all the painting.


Again, it was the perfect page to choose. Look at all the references on the page!



Next is the locket. Here is the locket I bought from Etsy. It's a vintage piece which you can tell by some of the details.


Next, I scanned and changed the picture of my grandmothers to sepia. The picture on the left is my Grandma Lily, who recently passed away, on her wedding day. My other grandmother didn't have a picture as young, but this is a picture that included my grandfather, when they were still in the Philippines. 


Now, I don't have that many more crafty things to do. Mostly designing and paper things. But these will definitely add to our wedding's uniquness. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment