Monday, January 16, 2012

Day Before the Wedding

I've been going in my head about what I was going to write and because there's so much, I just didn't have enough time, until now.

I forgot to mention that the week before the wedding I became sick. When I left Canada, I had a bit of a cough but as my time in the Philippines inched towards the wedding, I was hacking everyday, so much so that I had to keep water with me at all times to ease my throat, and closer to the wedding, I was taking a puffer (my moms) to get my lungs to calm down. I was ok for most of the wedding and the day after the wedding - my illness was completely gone.

The day before the wedding was so crazy, it is one of the days I wish I could re-do completely. I think I already eluded to the fact that it was a little bit crazy because of the waxing fiasco that put the whole day behind by at least an hour. In that lost hour, I also did not get to go pick up a card for Rodney. I really wanted to pick up a card to just write him something that he can read during the craziness of the wedding day, to know how I feel. Anyways, that idea was out the window.

After the waxing, I had scheduled a massage for my wedding entourage, which was great. The only thing is that I left all greesy and oily, even in my hair. After the massage was the wedding rehearsal - but with traffic, and already an hour late for the waxing, we were over 2 hours late for our rehearsal. So it was a mess -

If I could do it again, I would:
- given plenty of time for the waxing
- assigned someone to pick up a card for me
- taken out a room at the BE for that night and taken a shower before the rehearsal

That last point - I looked totally trashed for the rehearsal and the cocktails that followed that I absolutely detest all the pictures from that day. End of story. It's also a total shame because the cocktails at Abaca was GORGEOUS. There just wasn't any pics of me by the infinity pool, or around the cocktails because I knew I looked like garbage. I think I was also just so WIPED from all the rushing around, I wasn't in the best of moods.



Also, I spent the night at the Shangri-la following, whereas Rodney spent the night at our apartment. It would have been worth the extra $80 to get a room for him, so that even if he wanted to stay at the apartment, he could get ready at the BE for pictures, and then we would have some nicer getting ready shots around the BE.


Rodney's prep pics at the apartment - not quite the appropriate background

Like I was saying, the cocktails at the Abaca Resort was absolutely gorgeous, and the service great. I think my only point that I was disappointed in, was that one of the servers had told two of our guests that drinks are free (ok so maybe free for the guests, because we're paying for it), but to these two boys, they decided to order the most expensive drinks on the menu. So I paid $70 for a shot each from them. I was really upset with them and scolded them that nothings free- yes maybe for you, but we're paying for it. But even more upset with the staff for suggesting to our guests that it was a free for all. If that was the case, I would have probably limited to the drinks that people are able to order. But there was no other issues with drinks, so I don’t know what the heck happened there.

One of the few pictures I have, where I look like crap. I don't know how the girls came out look so refreshed after the massage!

No comments:

Post a Comment