Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The begining of my DIY

R and I had our paper date at The Paper Place and I picked up some good paper to do some of our tests on. We decided to do a decorative paper layer after looking at some of the amazing Japanese paper.
Here's what we picked up:


It's hard to tell from the picture, but we picked up two types of 5 x 7 types, a chocolate and a bronze (a metallic paper), we have four different types of decorative paper to try out, and we settled on a cream coloured linen paper. Linen paper has textured lines that go across from it. So we plan to print the invitation on the cream paper, then have two layers under, with the dark brown as the bottom layer.

I also bought a paper punch out that will round the corners of our paper.

I also just had lunch with my friend G, who is also getting married. Man, bride dates are awesome for exchanging ideas! She told me about a place in Markham called Paperland, which has an unfortunately horrible website (which she warned me about), but apparently a good selection and at dirt cheap. So maybe we will go to this other place and find the linen paper and the chocolate paper for cheap, and get the fancy decorative Japanese paper from paper place.

I'm sooo excited. Drooollll... dreaming of DIY.

No comments:

Post a Comment